A managed service provider (MSP) is a third-party vendor that takes care of your IT needs. They deliver services like network management, cloud migration, IT support, and more. Although all IT providers focus their services around IT, no two MSPs are alike. Some deliver solutions you can’t get elsewhere, some are more skilled than others, and some may offer better rates.
Businesses that choose to leave their old MSP for Blue Net are looking for a reliable partner that can deliver business-enhancing IT solutions. We offer innovative bundled plans made to meet the unique needs of every client we work with. Our fixed fees also make it easier and more convenient to budget for, so IT is an operational expense rather than a capital expense.
When searching for an MSP to partner with, it’s important to take this into consideration. However, it can still be difficult to tell if an IT company is a good fit for your business. As time goes by, you may find yourself wanting to switch to a new vendor for a variety of reasons. But before you switch over to a new provider, there are a few things you’re going to want to do.
How To Prepare To Switch Managed Service Providers
Are you frustrated with the service you’re receiving? Or maybe you’ve realized another MSP could save your organization some money? It’s not uncommon for a company to switch from one provider to another. If you find yourself in such a situation, you want to ensure you’re making the right decision.
One of the best ways to determine if you’re truly ready to switch is to confirm a few things and ask questions like:
- What problems is your company facing?
- What solutions do you think you need to solve those problems?
- Does your MSP offer these solutions?
- Does your MSP offer solutions that help you grow your business?
- Is your infrastructure breaking down frequently?
- Does your MSP seem unresponsive?
- Do you feel like you’re getting good value from the service you’re receiving?
The answers you give to these questions can help you determine if switching is your best option.
How To Find the Best Managed Service Provider
If you decide you’re ready to move on, then it’s time to start looking for a suitable replacement—if you haven’t already done so. Choosing the right MSP to entrust with the full scope of your organization’s IT shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Here are a few tips to find an MSP that makes sense for your business:
- Look for an MSP that understands your business and shows interest in learning about your company. This shows that the MSP legitimately cares about helping you improve your business.
- Don’t be the only one asking questions. If the MSP really cares about your needs, they should be asking about you as you ask questions about them.
- Do they take a proactive approach to IT? You don’t want a vendor that offers break-fix solutions. Being reactive can result in costly downtime. You want a service that’s ongoing and prevents issues before they happen.
- Don’t focus solely on the cost of the service. While sticking to a budget is important, you shouldn’t ignore the amount of value an experienced MSP can provide.
How To Change Your Service Provider
Moving to a new MSP can be a messy process if you don’t prepare. So, before you transfer over to a new MSP, there are a few steps you should follow to make sure the transition is smooth.
- Talk with your current IT provider and make sure you gather all the valuable information you need from them.
- Obtain previous quarterly update records from your current IT team.
- If they are unable to give you a collected history of updates, request a report for the last 90 days.
- After you have the information you need, tell the provider that you plan on going in a different direction.
- Take inventory of what equipment is yours and what belong to the MSP.
- Identify where your data is stored and make sure you can still access it after leaving your current IT company.
- Your MSP may have control over your login credentials and account information. Make sure they give back control over this data.
Onboarding Your New MSP
Once everything is taken care of, you can begin onboarding your new MSP. Schedule a time to have your old MSP uninstall their hardware and software. After that’s done, your new solution can come in and install their equipment. They can also double check to see if your old MSP took all of their equipment.
Access Industry-Leading IT With Blue Net
Blue Net is a premier IT provider that has served clients in the Twin Cities area since 2009. We offer a range of services that are designed to enhance your operations. If you’re ready to move on from your current provider, we can help. Our team confidentially guides you through the process of gathering the information you need. Our goal is to make the transition from your old provider to us as seamless as possible.
Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer at Blue Net.
Blue Net is your strategic technology partner delivering first-class, client-focused services and support. Our team stays on top of the latest technology and business trends to help companies meet and exceed their IT needs.